“Living in fear is so last season, if you want to be happy and really live your dream you have to take a stand and just put yourself out there. You might fail, yes indeed – but, you might, you just might succeed too! Don’t you want to find out? Either way your life will never be the same… Can you handle it?”– Jackson Kiddard
In celebration of this New Year, this fresh clean slate, I feel called to share some words to move you out of fear and into my favorite word in any language, the word that this blog is built on: LOVE
Love is pure and yet it can hurt at times. With its magnified highs and lows, love is unpredictable and never what we expect – so much so that we might be tempted to cower in fear. But if you approach love with the courage of a warrior, you can have relationships of heroic proportions.
Here are 10 ways:
- Love yourself first. Only then can you love others and be loved.
- Be your truth. Be who are you. You know that saying that when you arrive at the pearly gates, God/Goddess does not care why you were not anyone other than yourself? If we want to be loved for who we truly are, then why not just be yourself?
- Don’t believe those fearful stories. Our interpretation of events and feelings is, in fact, just one perspective of what is actually true. Focus on LOVE and only that which will bring you closer to the truth.
- Stay open. Fear’s favorite pastime is to shut us down. No need to be afraid to be vulnerable. Vulnerability is being in our power and from that place connection to others is possible.
- Speak up. Say what you feel. Fear may tell you to be quiet when what you really want or need is connection. We all learned in kindergarten to ask for what we want…Use your words.
- Stop looking for perfection. More than likely, what you call “high standards” is a mask for your own feelings of inadequacy.
- Embrace imperfection. Perfection is owning that you are perfectly imperfect. (Tweet-worthy!)
- Do not deny the fear, and don’t live in it. Allow fear to be – and then let it go – without allowing it to stick like glue.
- Spend more time with people who nurture your soul. – And less with those who drain your power.
- Love with no thought of what you’ll get in return. This is fearless love in action.
Every moment you can see who you are is a miracle. Your healthy self-perception and self-Love are necessary to make this world a healthier place. No pressure. Just keep it simple and LOVE MORE.
Hope you feel my Love for all of you reading this.
It is here and sincere.
Weight Release & Body Image Expert Laura Fenamore supports women around the world to love who they see in the mirror. Having overcome her own battle with addiction, obesity, and eating disorders, Laura released 100 pounds 25 years ago. She has chronicled this journey in her new book, Weightless: The Be Good To Yourself Diet. Learn more about Laura’s programs, or invite her to speak by visiting her website at OnePinky.com, her Facebook Pages and connect with Laura on Twitter.