G’Day Daily Lovers. I’m downright giddy because I’m writing you from AUSTRALIA!! I arrived here last week and on February 2nd I will be teaching a workshop in SYDNEY!!! And the one and only reason that this is all happening is because I listened to my intuition. Are you listening to yours? Are you aware that you just did by clicking on this blog? I’ll share the magical story of how my intuition guided me down under, but first I want to ask you a few questions:
Are you going outside yourself for advice?
Running to others for answers to questions about your life?
Seeking guidance from people who will give guidance from their perspective? Waiting for some kind of lighting bolt sign from the Uni-verse?
Making pro and con lists over choices you are faced with?
Attempting to “figure out” something with your logical mind?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it is time to go IN and get QUIET. The guidance you seek does not come from others. And the volume of your rational mind can be so loud that it drowns out the voice of your intuition. EVERYONE has intuition (yes even you!!). But our intuition is not pushy like our logical minds are. It is more of a whisper rather than a loud voice. And the advice from our intuition often doesn’t make sense. So what!! Sense is so highly overrated and something our ego clings to for a false sense of security and control.
Coming to a country where I’ve never been and had zero connections didn’t make sense at all, but here I am. So how did I get here? Well last March in my morning meditation, I kept hearing “Australia, Australia, Australia.” I thought it was a bit random but I’ve learned messages from the Uni-verse tend to not make logical sense – that’s what makes them so magical. I did not immediately take action but my antenna was up. Shortly thereafter I got two new clients from Australia and several emails from people in the Sydney area about whether or not I go there to teach…
Hmmm…I thought. What if I am supposed to go there? Then all kinds of other questions came up like: When do I go? How do I plan an event in another country? How will I market it? And all kinds of other “how” questions from my logical mind that only stopped me popped up. Then my intuition nudged me again. “JUST BOOK A TICKET” is what I heard. So I did. I bought a ticket without any clue why exactly I was going. At the very least, I thought I’d have a vacation.
Since booking the ticket, a series of synchronicities and miracles have transpired in terms of the amazing people who have literally dropped into my life to support ALL the logistics, PR and marketing. Incredible new Australian friends who are showing me around showed up. Beautiful places to stay. An upgrade to business class on my flights. Appearing on the top national morning TV show here. Being invited to speak on the stage of one of the top personal growth speakers here, AND I happen to be going during the best time of year (summer!!).
All because I listened to my intuition.
Are you listening to yours? Are you actually setting time aside to meditate, quiet your mind, and go within so you can actually hear your internal guidance?
If your antennae is up and something inside of you is saying YES YES I want to listen to my intuition more but I don’t know how, here is an easy process to soothe the “I don’t know how” talk from your logical mind to get you started:
- Make an intuitive date with yourself. Set aside some time when you turn everything off and go to a place where you will be undisturbed.
- Light a candle and set your intention of connecting to your intuition by stating it out loud.
- Close your eyes and ask to be cleared from Light from the Highest Source of the Uni-verse. Imagine a column of white light washing over you.
- Ask to be surrounded, protected and filled with Light from the Highest Source of the Uni-verse. Imagine being encircled and held in a golden ball of Light.
- Sit with your palms facing up so you are in a very receptive position.
- Focus on your breathing. Inhale for a count of 5, hold the breath for 5, exhale for a count of 5, hold the exhaled breath for 5 and then repeat 5 times.
- Then just get quiet and LISTEN. Everyone’s intuition speaks in different ways. You may see an image. Hear guidance. Or feel a sensation.
- If your mind comes in because you start thinking about the past, future, or your to-do list, simply acknowledge the thought and come back to your breath.
- Stay in this meditation for at least ten minutes. If connecting with your inner guidance is new, be patient!!! Repeat this process daily and the volume of your intuition will become louder and clearer.
- Complete the meditation with asking for support from the Uni-verse. I offer you this prayer: “Uni-verse, please put the next step in front of me in a way I can see, understand and have the courage and willingness to take.”
Get quiet. Go in. ALL the answers and guidance you need is there. Trust your Intuition – it is a beautiful partner to your logical mind. Who knows, you may just end up in Australia!
With love and blessings,
p.s. HEY AUSTRALIANS!! Join me on Saturday for my workshop and I’ll teach you even more about how to access your intuition. Go here for all the details.
Christine Hassler is an author, speaker, life coach and spiritual counselor dedicated to helping people answer the questions who am I, what do I want and how do I get it? You can check out her website here: http://www.christinehassler.com/