Which one do you believe? Which one are you living in this moment?
I have always wanted love more than anything else, but I used to be love poor. I thought love was in short supply and I was desperate to get more of it.
In fact, I once told a boyfriend that I was like a sponge. I soaked up love, but no amount of love was ever enough. And at the time, I truly meant it.
Have you ever felt like no matter how much love you get from the outside, it’s never enough?
If so, you might be love poor.
When you are love poor, love feels like a finite resource – love is measured and doled out according to who “deserves” it, or who will give you a return on your investment.
When you are love poor, no matter how many deposits you or other people make into your love bank – it’s never enough. You’re always coming up short at the end of the month.
A classic symptom of being love poor is that you feel love comes from only one source, like a romantic partner. Like a job with a steady paycheck, you’re fine as long as you’re employed, but when the checks stop coming, you’re in trouble.
I invite you to consider what it’s like to be love rich.
The dictionary definition of rich is: plentiful; abundant: • having (a particular thing) in large amount.
When you are rich in love, you believe that there is more than enough love to go around. You see love everywhere. Your love bank balance never goes to zero, even if you have a bad breakup. You’ve got multiple love investments in the form of family, friends and acquaintances, and you’re not just relying on one source.
The key to being rich in love lies in your belief about love.
If you believe you are here to get love, love will always seem scarce.
If you believe you are here to give love, love will always seem abundant because what you are giving is inside of you.
The love that you have right within your heart – Uni-versal, Divine love is like a savings account that never gets depleted and only increases with interest as time goes on.
When you connect with this source of love, you can feel love rich instantly. When you forget this source of love, you may find yourself feeling love poor sooner or later, no matter how much other people show you love.
So, how do you access the wealth of love already inside of you? Here’s a simple meditation to get you started. I created this meditation after a breakup and it’s the quickest way I know to feel rich in love instantly.
Love Rich Meditation
1) Close your eyes and sit with your hands on your lap or on your heart.
2) Breathe slowly in through your nose and out through your mouth.
3) Bring to mind the image of someone or something that you really love.
4) Feel the feelings of love that you have for this person or thing. As you inhale, imagine this love in your heart growing even bigger.
5) Now, imagine that this person or thing is in front of you and you are sending love from your heart to theirs.
6) Repeat this cycle of breath three times, each time imagining that the love is growing bigger.
7) Now, start to send the love again to the other person’s heart, but this time, stop it halfway.
8) Imagine that the love you are sending out to this person is right in the middle of you two. Instead of sending the love into the other person’s heart, imagine the love going back into your heart.
9) Repeat this cycle of breath three times. Send love out to this person’s heart and stop halfway in between you two, and with each inhale, bring it back in to your own heart.
Feel the wealth of love you already have inside of your heart and you will always be rich in love.
Nicole Moore, Love & Relationship Coach and founder of Love Works, helps women unlock their hearts and create lasting love. Nicole coaches women to break free from their romantic fears so they can love with an open heart. She teaches women the art of self-care, feminine communication and simple mindset shifts so they can finally create the love and life they desire. Nicole received her Life Coaching Certification from NYU. www.loveworksmethod.com